District Training Assembly
Schedule of Events
Registration and continental breakfast 8:00-8:45
OPENING EVENT 9:00-9:40
Guest Speaker- RI Polio Plus Chair, Mike McGovern
Sessions One 9:45-10:30
Session Two 10:35-11:05
Session Three 11:15-12:00
LUNCH 12-1:05 Guest Speaker- RI Trustee, Marty Peak Hellman
Session Four 1:10-2:00
Final Wrap Up 2:00-2:30 Cafeteria
Strengthen & Expand Your Club
1. Improve your club members’ involvement - How do we make Rotary worthwhile? Join in a meaningful discussion to identify the benefits of being a Rotarian. Learn practical strategies for keeping current members and leveraging that satisfaction to attract new members.
2. Take your club’s Public Relations up a notch – Learn best practices for Club Website and Club Facebook sites and preparing effective Press Releases.
3. Learn what all this Foundation stuff is all about. Being a Foundation Chair is much more - and much more fun - than just asking club members to contribute. Join in a lively discussion about how to showcase the good work of the Foundation - both locally and internationally - and how you can be involved in the decision-making of how your Foundation dollars are used.
4. Rotary Youth Leadership Awards. Developing positive leadership skills among young people is something often talked about - did you know that Rotary is doing something about it? Join this session to see just what happens at RYLA. Then find out how to improve recruiting young people to this program and help them capitalize on the experience.
5. Youth Exchange: one of the best kept secrets in Rotary Do you know a student who would like to study abroad? How can your club be involved? This session will offer a practical information on how to get involved, what's required of clubs and of families, and the timeline.
6. Club Visioning After a two-year hiatus, visioning is starting again. Find out whether it is right for your club. More than half the clubs in our district have participated in a visioning event, some more than once.
7. Are you a new Rotarian? Wonder what this organization is really all about? Have questions about all the Rotary-speak you hear at meetings? You will learn about all facets of Rotary from those who are actually doing it.
8. Rotary’s Seventh Area of Focus, The Environment. Hear about a wonderful program to protect our pollinators. Making the world better for them improves our world.